This weekend I made a family fav of ours – Dill Pickle Soup!! It sounds so weird but its actually sooooo delicious! Just try it haha!
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of warm milk
- 3/4 cup chopped dill pickles (as tiny as you can get them!)
- 1/2 cup of dill pickle juice ( you can add more if you’re a dill fiend like me)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cup of cubed potatoes (skin off)
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of onion salt
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder (can add more for more spice and intense flavour)
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 2 teaspoons of dill weed, finely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- In the largest pot you have, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Then whisk in the flour. keep whisking until the flour turns to a very light brown colour ( this should be just a few minutes)
- Then whisk in all the chicken broth and keep whisking until its smooth and starting to thicken.
- Add the warm milk
- Increase the heat to medium high
- Add ALL the other ingredients
- Bring it to a simmer, partially cover and let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes
- Remember to remove the bay leaves!
© 2020 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.