For 45 years, Northlands has produced Farmfair International, one of Canada’s top agricultural shows, where guests from around the world come to the Edmonton Region to show and sell top quality livestock.
- Explore Agriculture (Ag Education)
- Beef Cattle Competitions and sales
- Equine Events
- Stock Dog Competition
- Shopping at RAM Country Marketplace
- Industry showcases
Farmfair International also hosts the Heritage Ranch Rodeo!
Join us nightly from November 8-10th in Hall D and take part in the fun that includes:
- Sixteen working ranches from across Western Canada competing for top honours in the 14th Annual Heritage Ranch Rodeo.
Traditional ranching methods—originally developed many years ago and still used today—will be transformed into exciting events that demonstrate the lifestyle and skills associated with the cattle ranching industry
- Events include:
- Wild Cow Milking – a four man timed event representing how to rope a cow in the middle of pasture to help a calf drink.
- Team Sorting – a four man timed event where cattle must be sorted and penned.
- California Branding – a four man timed event where a calf must be roped and branded.
- Team Doctoring – a four man timed event representing how to rope and treat a sick animal in the pasture.
- Stray Gathering – a four man timed event where two stray steers are roped.
- Bronc Riding – a judged event where the contestant must ride a bucking horse for as long as they can for a maximum of eight seconds. Points will be awarded for the difficulty of the horse and also for the degree of aggressiveness, control, and exposure demonstrated by the rider.
For more details, times, and tickets, check out their website!